There are many opportunities to serve at Horizon, such as in Children’s Ministry, Ushers, Worship Team, Technical Team, Radio and Facilities & Events. Most ministries require a minimum of 6 months of attendance at Horizon. All servant positions require the basic leadership qualities outlined in Acts 6 and other places – “Therefore, brethren, seek out from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business;”. And remember: those first men were basically charged with waiting tables and serving the elderly and widowed!
Use the Contact Form to ask for more information or to begin your application process.
- We especially need workers in the Children’s Ministry – from care for babies to worship with elementary kids. Children’s Ministry is open to both men and women. Ask for Dan Sutton when you visit or call the church, or use our Contact Form. Children’s Ministry requires 6 month attendance and a background check. Most positions are for 18 years of age and up, but there are also assistant positions for ages 16 and up.
- The Usher ministry handles building security anytime it is open for activities as well as greeting people and serving communion. Due to the nature of our building, it has many entrances that must have an Usher, so we can always use more men for this ministry. (6 months attendance required) Contact Form
- The worship team, led by Jeff Roy, leads two services on Sunday, one on Wednesday, plus two Children’s worship services on Sunday. There are occasional Sunday or Monday night worship services and other events.
- The audio for both the Sunday and Wednesday services also fall under the worship team. If you have an ear for audio and are technically inclined, then you are welcome to join the worship team as an audio engineer and get started learning the ropes during practice sessions.
- While joining the team in leading worship or in-service audio requires 6 months of attendance, you can practice with the team at any time. Contact Jeff for more information. Contact Form
- The Horizon Technical Team is responsible for various technical things that don’t fall under the worship team, such as projection, audio recording, video recording, audio and video duplication, and other miscellaneous activities that might arise, such as video recording for the children’s Christmas program or video, audio and computer monitoring during Pray and Fast global teleconference activities. Contact Matt Hart to discuss how you can help with this ministry. Contact Form
- We are a church with a call to radio ministry, with the RenewFM network and both local and remote programs, there are some specialized needs where you can help. We need both people and equipment – if you have some older desktop computers you want to get rid of, we can use them. We have an immediate need for assistance with broadcast engineering tasks (electrical engineers can pick this stuff up quick!) and computer engineering.
- We have a specialized need for a computer audio editor to help create The Word Remains radio program.
- Talk to Matt Hart about computers, broadcast engineering and computer audio editing.
- In addition to the ones mentioned above, we can use assistance with radio programming and other tasks. Talk to Pastor George Small about these other less-technical needs. Contact Form
Facilities & Events
- This is pretty much the “everything else” category, and there’s plenty here that needs doing! From getting the service ready in the mornings with fresh coffee and donuts, cleaning and vacuuming the building, filling communion cups and making sure the pastor has water, getting the bulletins ready and ensuring the tables in the lobby look good – there’s always plenty that needs doing.
- There are also many events that need help for just a few days – such as a LifeFest or HarvestFest, Ladies Tea and many more.
- See Eric Gauvin for how you can help with this important ministry. Contact Form